Sunday, January 9, 2011

Just Another Manic Sunday

Ok...so it's already began to sink in.  That feeling on Sunday of  Oh SHIT! I really have to go to work tomorrow.  Every Sunday I know I should be grateful that I have a job...but sorry, here's the reality, I'm kinda just well...not. What I mean is, I'm grateful that I get a paycheck every week, and I'm grateful that I have insurance.  It's just that having to get up and leave my kids and then come home tired and have to clean and cook and take care of all the junk that needs to be done day to day...well, it's getting old. I wish I had more time to play with them and have fun.  I want a week where there is no cleaning and cooking and getting everything ready for work and sitters and daycare. Where I don't have to remember 50 little things that MUST be done or we will be running late in the morning or I will have to come home and do the next night.  It's a lofty goal huh? Well for moms it seems to be! Coming from a house where everything was put away seeming all the time, I feel there's a standard I'm not quite reaching sometimes.  For the most part I can say to myself f-it! Then I will know someone is coming over, or sit here and have a minute and look around and I think, HOLY SHIT!!! How did the house get like this...and where the heck am I going to put all this stuff we seem to accumulate on a daily basis!!!! No matter how much I pick up and put away it seems like it just piles right back up or isn't quite as neat as I started out to make it.

So I have decided something...if it isn't done by 5 it's not getting done on Sunday.  If there's laundry or cleaning forget about it. It's not happening! I am going to take the  time to spend WITH my family, not just beside them.  So lets see how that goes today...1 hour and 1 minute to go.....wish me luck

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea to me! Who cares what the house looks like- its nothing compared to spending quality time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete