Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yeah....shes my sister, yeah I know...I love her anyway :)

So my sister and I have not always been the bestest of friends.  Yes we love each other, and yes we will ALWAYS be there for each other, and yes I will kick your ass if you mess with her....but there was a LONG time where we couldn't stand to be around each other (HIGHSCHOOL).  Now she is my sissy and I can tell her everything and I hope she has come to realize the same goes for her! We don't get to talk often, but when we do it seems to be a long conversation that always includes a new recipe! Yes the daughter who had to ask Grandma Marcella how to make grilled cheese at 16 can now cook (loved you anyway katie-did).  These are the conversations that make my day...these long drawn out conversations about the little mundane tasks and events in our lives.  I love it when shes here and I REALLY love going to Florida to see her, but trust me a week or two is juuussstt about enough of each other for us.  The main thing I don't like about her living in the Sunshine State is she misses out on sooo much of my kids, well that and she doesn't have a place big enough for all of us and its not on the beach.  She is an amazing Auntie and I feel like my children are really missing out on it with all the miles we have between us. 

So here is my new recipe she really wanted to know about the other night that got me thinking about this...hope you enjoy!!

Stuffed Mushrooms with Shrimp

Tray of mushrooms (about 15-20)                                       2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 Shrimp for every 2 Mushrooms, cut into small pieces        2 tbsp Garlic Powder or Salt
1/2 red bell pepper cut into small pieces                              4 tbsp melted butter
1/8 cup carrot cut into small pieces                                      2 tbsp butter
1 bunch green onion chopped                                              1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup shredded cheese (i prefer monterey jack)                   1/4 softened cream cheese brick

Clean mushrooms and remove stems.  Cut stems into small pieces and add pepper, carrot, green onion, and seasoning. Cook over medium heat with the 2 tbsp of butter.  When shrimp and veggies are done put into a medium bowl.  Pre-heat oven to 350.  Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix, add in bread crumbs slowly unitil forms a ball add 2 tbsp of melted butter and mix in remaining bread crumbs. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.  Fill mushroom caps with mixture and mound on top.  Place mushroom in middle of pan and make sure they are touching.  Sprinkle more shredded cheese over mushrooms and top with palmful of bread crumbs and drizzle remaining melted butter on top.  Bake until cheese has melted and starts to brown!

1 comment:

  1. Funny- grilled cheese is funny, only she knew if she called Grandma Marcy would just make it for her!!!

    ReplyDelete